Maternity Reflexology Research
Recent studies have shown that reflexology:
- Significantly reduced pain during labour(1, 3)
- Reduced the length of the first stage of labour(1, 3).
- Improved quality of sleep in post-natal women(2).
- Shorter second stage for women with low back pain or pelvic girdle pain (6 x weekly reflexology)
- Reduced pain and stress levels for women with low back pain or pelvic girdle pain (6 x weekly reflexology)
- Lowers anxiety scores of women in labour (30 minute treatment) (6)
- VALIANI M ET AL (2010) Reviewing the effect of Reflexology on pain and outcomes of the labour of primiparous women. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research.15(Dec) p302-310
- LI C-Y ET AL (2011) Randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness of using foot reflexology to improve quality of sleep amongst post partum women. Midwifery. 27. p181-186
- Iran Red Crescent Med J 2011; 13(7):475-479 ©Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal.
- The Effect of Foot Reflexology on the Anxiety Levels of Women in Labour. Yılar Erkek Z, Aktas S. J Altern Complement Med. 2018 Apr;24(4):352-360